If you are not convinced by the idea of having a charcoal or gas grill, how about a stone grill? In fact, in recent years it has become the favorite of barbecue lovers. What if it was the one that adapted to your way of cooking?
The best stone grills in the market.
What types of stone grills exist?
Certainly, stone grills may not differ much from construction grills. In fact, there are models that are built in the same way, having with and without bell. A special stone is used that can store heat well, preventing it from escaping.
But in countries, as in the southern part of the American continent, a rather curious style of stone grills is used. It is buried underground, covering it with rocks. It is not something so surprising if we think that the soil keeps the heat better. In fact, some species of birds bury their eggs so that they hatch alone.
However, if we talk about the type of stone grills that are more fashionable in recent years, it is, without a doubt, the volcanic stone grills.
Why a volcanic stone grill?
Have you ever heard of volcanic stone grills? They are chefs’ favorites, since they can generate high temperatures in a very short time and keep them much more than coal. They are not dirty or need gloves to wear. They are usually made of stainless steel, which makes it easy to clean, lightweight and quite compact.
However, volcanic stone can only be used by those who already have a lot of experience in using a grill. Even so, learning to make the most of these natural stones is not impossible, but it will require some practice.
What are the advantages of a stone grill?
It is normal to have some doubts when choosing one between a stone grill or another model. The stone grill has many advantages, do you want to know them?
- It is very practical: the truth is that it is a type of grill much easier to use. Easy to install and it is not necessary to have much knowledge to use it.
- It is more functional: it has been shown that volcanic stone turns out to be more functional and has enough power when it comes to heat. This allows you to cook everything faster and evenly. And because it keeps the heat better, it can be reused several times.
- You can use it in any space: the problem with some types of barbecues is that they are delimited. However, volcanic stone grills turn out to be very light and can easily be transported from one place to another. An excellent option for those who are traveling.
- Durable: Since the volcanic stone grills are made of stainless steel, they are more durable than any other model.
- Very healthy: Cooking on a grill of this style is healthier than doing it in the kitchen. Do not use so much oil, the food is cooked with its own fat and no harmful fumes are released during the process.
- Easy to clean: some grills have the problem that the cleaning task is very annoying. However, with this model it is quite simple. Since its surface is non-stick, it prevents bacteria.
- You can cook anything: Meats, vegetables or fish … no matter what you want to do in this type of grills. You can cook everything!
What if I want to mount a grill built entirely of stone?
Generally, when you are going to buy a grill, it has a brick structure. Why? The material is much cheaper. However, if you cook better in a stone oven, won’t it be the same in a stone barbecue? Of course!
The big problem is that these types of grills are not easy to find. As a general rule, you should order them to make them to measure. An advantage for those who have a stone house, since they can manufacture it with the same material as the house or wall in which it will be located.
Perhaps the problem is that the forms they can have are delimited by the skill of the builder, not like those of brick. But if you hire the services of a professional, you can get a luxury stone grill.
Would it be better if I were underground?
Certainly, cooking underground allows you to keep the heat better. But it takes a lot of skill to handle this type of grills. Keep in mind that a very deep hole is dug for everything to enter.
However, it is true that meat like chicken is much tastier if cooked with this type of barbecue, using volcanic stone as a source of heat. Its great advantage is that being underground does not take up space. But it can be a problem unless care is taken. Some build it as a well, but that is already the personal taste of each person.