Not everyone has the luxury of having a garden. And the grills on the balcony can bring some problems. One solution is to make a grill in a camp or in a field. Nothing better than enjoying this experience with friends and family, right? Now, what should you know about portable grills?
Best Portable Grills of 2019
Brands of Portable Grills
What is a portable grill?
With the technological advancement we can find portable grills of almost all types, except clearly those in the open air. Some have their advantages and others have their disadvantages. Depending on how you like the food and how much you want to devote to the assembly of it, you will decide one model or another.
- Coal: Coal are the most common portable grills. They are very simple to assemble and disassemble, as well as being quite practical when cooking. Perhaps his fault is that you have to watch that you have the necessary amount of coal and wait a long time for it to ignite.
- Firewood: the second option with respect to a portable barbecue will always be that of firewood. There are some mixed models that also accept coal, and they are not much more expensive. Firewood has many advantages, since it is easy to get at a good price. In addition, as there are so many types on the market, it allows you to try different combinations of flavors.
- Gas: There are some models of small portable gas grills for those who do not want to fight with firewood or coal. However, they have a big problem and they have to travel with the butane bottle to make it work.
- Electric: Perhaps they are the most practical portable barbecues, since there are very small models, perfect for preparing a small meal with family members. However, they require a source of energy to function, which also represents a major setback.
Do you prefer barbecue or grill?
Keep in mind that they are not the same. The barbecues have a grill, but the difference is that they have a lid, while the grills do not.
Currently, barbecues have very small models, but grills tend to be more functional. They do not require so much assembly process and cleaning is faster. But when you don’t use a lid, you should watch the meat so that it is well done on both sides. In this aspect, the fact that the barbecues have a lid is a great advantage.
What advantages do portable grills have?
Wondering what are the advantages of buying a portable grill? Without a doubt, you will find it very beneficial, especially if you like to travel, since:
- You can take it anywhere: wherever you go, you can take your grill with you. They are very simple assembly models, so it is not so heavy to have to disassemble it after use. Some models are large, in which case it is better to disassemble it only partially.
- Wheels or fixed: another great advantage is that these grill models give you the option to choose if you want a grill with wheels or with fixed legs. The wheels are better because they help you move the barbecue easily. However, these should be of a good material and if the ground is not flat, you may have some problems to move it. In the case of irregular terrain, the best is a grill with fixed legs, a possible being with the rubber tip.
- Outdoor cooking is healthier: one of the big problems with grills is smoke. Depending on the type of heat source you are using, it can be more or less harmful to your health. On the other hand, cooking in a very open space, with the air that smoke cannot receive directly, is much healthier.
- You can enjoy different types of spaces: Although it can be fun for neighbors to always go to your garden, isn’t it a bit drab to always have the same meeting place? Since portable grills are designed to take them wherever you want, you can make grill in other houses, in the countryside or in the mountains
- Perfect safety measures: In order to avoid possible fires, modern portable grills are with safety measures to prevent sparks or embers from leaving the bottom of it. In addition, they are also prepared to be safe for the cook.
- Cheaper ?: In some cases, a portable barbecue is much cheaper than a garden grill. Especially because these are generally smaller, so the task of moving it is more comfortable. An interesting investment, especially if you like to travel.
- They do not take up much space: Since once you have finished using and cleaned it you can disassemble it, you do not have to worry about the space it occupies. Simply store it in the box and have it in the trunk of the car until the next time you are going to use it.
- They can also be used in the kitchen: Some grill models are so small that they could be used in the kitchen without much trouble.
Better than garden grills?
In addition, since almost all grill models are available in a portable design, it allows you to experience which type you prefer for meat, fish or vegetables. And in case you already have a garden, why not buy one for when you travel? This way you enjoy the experience more!