Would you like to have a beautiful and beautiful outdoor grill in the garden of your house?. Without a doubt, they are the best for meetings with friends. However, are you sure that’s what you need? Before you should not know them a little more?
The best outdoor grills on the market
What advantages does this type of outdoor grills offer you?
Surely you have already seen several projects to build an outdoor grill. But are the advantages offered just what you need? Get to know them!
- Its main advantage is the size, to be able to build on the road and with the design that the owner likes.
- As they are made of brick, stone or clay, they are generally more durable than coal or gas models.
- They are quite comfortable, since they are always assembled and prepared to make a roast.
- Due to its large size, you can cook a lot of food when there are meetings with several people.
- They do not require much maintenance and are easy to clean.
- For combustion, coal or firewood is used, so you will have the same as in a charcoal grill but much more durable.
- It can be integrated into the environment if it is manufactured with the same materials as those in the house.
How to know if an outdoor grill is for you
Having a grill is the dream of every lover of outdoor food, Now, are you sure you couldn’t buy another style? This is what you should keep in mind before buying an outdoor grill!
- Space: it is true that there are small outdoor grills, but the best thing about this type of grills is that they be big to fully enjoy their potential, If you have a large garden or a lot of land, you should not worry. But if it is small, you should look for other options.
- Budget: no, don’t worry. Nowadays outdoor grills are quite cheap. You will easily find models that are around 50-70 dollars, but they are very basic. A good outdoor grill can cost more than 1,000 dollars. Of course, once assembled, you will have a grill for a lifetime.
- Use: More on the frequency of use, when you think about buying a grill or not, you have to think, where do you like to make roasts? Do you like to do it at home or go to the garden and do it there with friends? Remember that these grills are fixed and cannot be moved.
- Style: once you’ve decided if you want a grill with or without a bell, it’s time to choose the style. There are two models: modern and vintage. The retro style is an exact representation of the grills of the early twentieth century, but with the comforts of modern models. Instead, the modern ones have a more striking aesthetic.
What will be the best location for your outdoor grills?
The great advantage of portable grills is that you can change them whenever you want, until you find the most suitable one. But it will not be the case of an outdoor grill. Then, in this case, you will have to think a lot about where you are going to install it.
You should avoid at any cost that is near doors or windows. If it is a bell grill, which helps to send the fumes to heaven, there will be no problem. But what if you buy one without a bell? All the fumes can end up inside the house and it is very annoying.
Nor should it be installed near the area where your guests eat. It is true that it is pleasant to receive the smell of roasted food, but not the smoke. Also avoid being near the pool area. The floor of the grill area should be slab, to avoid that if a spark breaks, it can cause a fire.
I want to paint my grill, is it difficult?
You may not like the color of your new grill or finally get bored of the color it has. In that case, what can you do? Well, paint it yourself! Painting a grill is very easy, and we will explain step by step how to do it:
- Define the area you want to paint, using bodybuilder tape or a thick ribbon that allows you to separate the areas you are going to paint.
- To close the pores of the concrete blocks, you will have to pour a water fixing bottom before you start painting.
- With everything ready, it’s time to paint. For the corners use a thick brush, while the larger surface is better to use a roller. Thanks to the fixer, the paint will stick.
- You will have to wait until the paint dries before continuing. Once dry, apply a second coat with a special exterior paint, first with the brush and then with the roller.
- Drying the paint, remove the tape and apply a special effect to the concrete of your barbecue. Thanks to this it will seem that your barbecue is completely new.
How to clean an outdoor grill
It is not necessary to clean the outside grill every two by three. In fact, with an annual maintenance you can have a life partner. Now, it is recommended that you do at least a little maintenance.
To clean it you must use ground coffee, oil and newspaper. With the help of a brush, remove all the ashes from the grill. Now clean that area, put newspaper papers. Using the ground coffee, rub the newspapers and grill, so that you can remove the fat that is embedded. The remains will remain in the newspaper.
Finally, using the oil you have to check each of the grill bars. This will help not to rust. A process that will take only half an hour and will have it bright, as if it were new.
How to build a brick grill
Although there are companies that can build your grill, and if you want to make an authentic homemade grill? It is not necessary to be very useful to assemble the grill you have bought.
Materials you will need:
- Glue gun
- Putty (which supports high temperatures)
Assemble a construction barbecue step by step:
- Once you have chosen a level and rigid place (it must not be loose or very soft ground) you must place the base of the barbecue with a ribbon. Fix the pieces to the floor using the putty.
- Next, you have to mount the sink part, the work area and the grill part. The putty is the best to fix it, but you must also join each piece with a little cement to guarantee its resistance.
- Waiting for the structure to dry a little, place the grill (remember to be adapted to the shape of your grill).
- It is necessary to install the chimney, the hood, the leak and the fans. Some models may not have a hood or fans, it all depends on the money you have decided to spend on your barbecue.