Exactly how do you want to try chicken meat? Although the idea of eating grilled chicken sounds tempting, how about preparing a grilled chicken? You can enjoy a different way to taste their rich meat.
Grilled Chicken Recipe
Ingredients for 6 people:
- 1 whole chicken
- Sage (or tarragon)
- Olive oil
- Ground pepper
Preparation of grilled chicken (110 minutes)
- Before you start working the meat, you will have to have your grill ready. Preheating it will be the first thing you should do. In the case of having a gas grill, light only the part of the burners, which will give you an indirect fire. On the other hand, if it is a charcoal grill, place the coal aside, creating an indirect heat zone.
- When the grill is hot, proceed to prepare the chicken. Rinse with cold water and remove the gut bag from the inside (you can ask the butcher to do it). Dry it well and spread with olive oil, both inside and out.
- Then sprinkle salt and ground pepper to your liking. To make it taste better, the inside can be filled with sage or a little tarragon. Slices of lemon will also help to make it tastier. Never fill with breadcrumbs, as this delays cooking time.
- With the chicken already seasoned and the grill ready, the kitchen model has arrived. Grease the grill and place the chicken in the coldest area, with the breast facing up. Close the lid and now everything will be defined by your time control. In the case of using a charcoal grill, remove the coals before placing the chicken.
- The cooking time is about 90 minutes, so be careful not to burn the meat. After 40 minutes, turn the chicken with tongs. Do not use a grill fork, as the holes it makes in the meat will make it hot and dry inside.
- After another 40 minutes, you will have to measure the temperature of the chicken and thus know where it is cooked. Using a kitchen thermometer, prick the breast area. If the temperature is 74º C, you can remove it and let it stand for about 10 minutes. Otherwise, leave it on the barbecue until it reaches that temperature.
- If you want to give it a good flavor, the chicken can be bathed in a grilled sauce, in case you haven’t cooked it with any filling. And as a side dish, some roasted or fried potatoes will be perfect.
Another mode of preparation
The previous one is the way in which grill chicken is usually cooked in Europe. But what if there was another more striking way to do it? In Mexico they use a different technique to cook grilled chicken.
In a deep hole, covered with natural stone to withstand more heat, all the ingredients and a large amount of chicken are placed. This is then covered with all the spices so that, with the concentration of the smoke, the grilled chicken absorbs the spices. . Some people cover it with dirt, after placing a wooden board or top, to keep warm. Other people, on the other hand, put the large pot on the grills.