Surely you have prepared before croaker. But you will never have made a recipe for grilled sea bass. This dish is very typical of some South American countries, such as Uruguay. Would you like to learn how to do it?
Why grilled fish?
While in the United States the most common thing when making a barbecue or barbecue is cooking meat, in countries like Uruguay they prefer to make fish. Grilled fish is one of the most popular dishes by fishermen and chefs from the coast.
A dish that is prepared on the grill, or grilled. A tasty fish, and that well done grilled enhances its flavor. It is a very simple recipe, so much that you do not need to have a lot of cooking knowledge to make it delicious.
Ingredients for grilled fish (2 people)
In Spain it is quite difficult to obtain wild sea bass, since the one sold in supermarkets is raised on fish farms. But if you have the opportunity, in addition to the following ingredients, you must obtain a new one.
- 2 croaker
- 3 garlic cloves
- 1 tablespoon parsley
- Olive oil
Preparation of grilled fish
Although you could cook it perfectly on a gas grill, to make this recipe for grilled fish we will use a charcoal. Take good note of the following steps.
- As the fire on the grill warms and the coals form, clean the weigher well, but do not remove the scales. If you don’t know how to do it, when you buy it, tell the fishmonger to prepare it.
- Crush the garlic cloves, after peeling them, in a mortar together with a drizzle of olive oil and a spoonful of parsley. Make sure there is a very liquid mixture.
- Cut the head of each fish, open it on the loin and bathe it with the mixture that you have prepared inside, in the most fleshy area. On the other hand, in the area outside, with the help of a brush you spread it with a little extra virgin olive oil. If you don’t like oil very much, you can use butter.
- Place the croaker on the side of the meat with great care. You will have to move it with caution, as it can get stuck.
- Cook for 8-10 minutes on the side of the meat, and turn it over, so that it is done on the side of the skin for another five minutes. And ready! Repeat the process with the other croaker and you already have a delicious delicacy to eat as a couple.
Tricks to make this dish without mistakes
Is it possible that you are afraid to screw up when making this delicious dish? Should not! It’s quite simple as you can see in our recipe for grilled sea bass. But if you want, we will explain some small tricks to succeed among the guests.
As you may know, the calorific value of coal is very high. A little carelessness would mean that you could completely ruin the plate. Therefore, in order not to fail, you should place the embers in a circle, with nothing in the center. In this way, the croaker will receive an indirect fire.
Another solution would be to put the coals aside, place the croaker in the center and cover the grill. Thus, the heat that the meat will receive will also be indirect. But, unfortunately, it will take longer to do. It is a fish that, being spread in oil or butter, becomes very fatty, and this makes it easy to stick to the grill. So be very careful when you move it.
Instead of preparing the whole fish you could prepare it by fillets or as a moruno skewer. Bathed with a little lemon juice is delicious.