When buying a grill there are many models available, among the best-selling gas grills stand out for being fast, efficient and with an economical price.
Best gas grills on the market. Discover them!
What advantages do these grills have?
Exactly, what advantages does it have for me to decide to buy a gas grill? First, it is the speed of the ignition. Simply press a button and wait for about 5 minutes to begin. This helps to make the task of cooking faster and with much more space to improvise.
For some, a barbecue is associated with the fact of making a great smoke. The smoke is not unpleasant for many people, but for those who do, the gas grills are perfect. They do not generate it either in the ignition or during cooking, which makes them much healthier.
Another of the outstanding advantages is that these grills allow better power control. With other grills, such as coal, you should place the coal evenly on each side of the grill so that the heat is well distributed. With those of gas it is not necessary, because by pressing some buttons you can turn on one area or another of the grill.
In addition, the intensity of the heat is completely adjustable, with coal or charcoal grills, the flames can grow until they touch the food, being able to burn the surface and leaving the interior too raw.
Gas grills generally have a longer shelf life than a charcoal grill. The greater durability of these grills means that, although the investment is greater when buying a grill of superior characteristics, the longer the more profitable investment and, therefore, the gas grills are cheaper.
On the other hand, there is the issue of security. As it uses gas, these grills are much safer than those of coal, since they reduce the chances that a coal can jump due to wind and cause a fire. With this type of grills you don’t have to worry.
Space for some could be a problem, since gas grills are usually large. However, today there are small and even portable gas grill models for those who want to go to the countryside or do not have so much space in the garden.
How to choose the ideal gas grill?
Not sure what to consider when buying your gas grill? It can be difficult to see so many models in the market, but these are the things to keep in mind:
- The size: What size do you need for your gas grill? Think that these are larger than other types of grill, so you may need a lot of space. But, if your idea is to take it with you when you travel, you will have to look for a more compact model.
- Will you use it often?: Do you like having family gatherings? Or are you only going to buy it for special occasions? Depending on what you want, you will be interested in a cheaper model or invest in a more expensive one.
- Cap or without lid?: Do you know that there are models of gas grills that are sold without a lid? This is what is commonly known as gas grill. It is much better if it has a lid, because it helps improve food. But, anyway, you like what food looks like without a lid.
- Location: Although the location of a gas grill does not cost much to decide, as with coal, it is important to verify that you have the space to install it.
How to use using a gas grill correctly?
Do you think roasting on a gas grill is something you will learn in a single day? Of course, no! If you want the food you prepare to be perfect, you will have to learn a series of tricks:
- The grill is always clean: do you think it’s obvious? For many it is not so much. It is true that this type of butane grill should not be cleaned as much as others, but the smoke from the grill leaves a bad taste in the food if it is not cleaned well. In addition, heat-generated fat will also adhere to the grill, and this can spoil the taste of some dishes. For example, if you have cooked fish before and do not clean it well, the taste may stick to the taste of the meat.
- Be careful of explosions: Yes, gas grills are safe, but when food grease is mixed with a spark or flame, an unexpected explosion can occur. To avoid this, you must have an empty grill part, to move the food in case the flame rises.
- Sugar and heat, what to know: there are foods that are cooked with sauces, and these are very rich in sugar. The sugar burns when it reaches a temperature of 130º C. When cooking this type of food, you must ensure that your grill does not exceed this temperature.
- Always look at the grill: it is very fun to be in a meeting with friends and family while the grill is in charge of preparing the dishes, but will it leave it unattended? A single mistake and the cooking point could be damaged, it could cause a fire or become extinct without you noticing and ruining the night.
- Perfect cooking point: gas grills can reach a temperature of up to 300º C. This does not mean that all food to be cooked must be prepared at this temperature. For example, lamb, pork or veal should be cooked at high temperature, but fish, vegetables or chicken should be cooked over medium heat. You must be patient with cooking times.
- Do you know how to use sealing ?: To get the best flavor on a grill, sealing is one of the great secrets of cooking in this type of instruments. It helps to give an excellent flavor to the meat, as caramelized. To do this, you must heat the grill to the maximum, place the meat and wait a minute. After the minute, it turns around, the heat reduces and ends.
- Learn to use indirect heat: to roast some types of meat, such as chicken, it is better to use indirect heat. To do this, you must turn off the burners under the meat and light only those in the corners. In this way, the meat will not be done too much and will have a unique texture.
How should a gas grill be cleaned?
If this is the first time you have a gas grill, you may not know how to clean it. To this type of grill you have to perform two types of cleaning; one after each use and the annual one.
For the general, he will have to turn on the grill, with the oven lid closed, for about 20 minutes. This will burn the remains of fat and food, achieving a quick partial cleaning. After 20 minutes, turn off the grill and let it cool. Then, disconnect the gas cylinder and the burners. With a brass brush, proceed to clean the grill and then with a sponge dampened with mild soap (containing neutral pH) and warm water. You will have to do the same with the baffles. Do not use abrasive products, as this will spoil the enamelling of the barbecue.
And for the rest of the grills? One or two years will be enough. For burners, you will have to remove them, remove the back clip and wash them with a steel barbed brush. Be sure to clean the burner holes, ensuring maximum cleaning. To clean the interior well, you can use an irrigation hose, introducing it through the hole. Once finished, let it dry.
The lid is the easiest area to clean, since you only need a sponge, a grill cleaner and warm water. In case there are white spots or corrosion, you can use cooking oil. Dip a cloth in this oil and apply it with circular motions.
The side trays will depend on the material. If it is wood, you can use teak oil, but if it is steel, it is better to use a grill cleaner. Finally, the ground. This type of grills can generate stains that are very difficult to clean. Therefore, it is better to install a grill pad or splash mats.
Where should you put your gas grill?
The great advantage of this type of grills is that it is much easier to locate them than other types. You can have it on a terrace or in the garden, without any problem, since they are much safer and there are not many possibilities of fire.
Although they do not make so much smoke, the ideal is that they are not near doors or windows. It is also not recommended that you be near the area where you are going to eat, as the smell of gas could be annoying for your guests.
Since size is a negative factor in these types of grills, you should look for a place with plenty of space to install it. In general, they are usually placed on terraces, but if you have a large garden, you can also have it in that area without problems.
Better or worse than other grills?
This grills also has some disadvantages. For example, is its price. While it is true that it can be safer, charcoal grills are a more economical investment. In addition, we must ensure that the cylinder does not run out of gas.
In addition, you can not enjoy the fantastic experience that results in the lighting of a grill. On the other hand, you can’t take it anywhere. These grills are large and heavy, and you must add the extra weight of the bottle. Although there are smaller models, they are much more cumbersome than other grills.
Even so, they have the great advantage that they are easier to locate in some area of your land, without worrying that a fire can be caused by a small oversight.